Senior Capstone Final

 



    Over the course of my 4 years in e-Comm, I can say that I have definitely improved in the five Guarantees. The one that improved the most was technical skills because we constantly learned new things about software or filming equipment. When it comes to communication I learned how important it is to be clear and make sure everyone understands what you're talking about. Collaboration is another big one because you learn your group members' strengths and weaknesses and play to their strengths. I didn't do much with leadership but there were times where I took charge when it was needed. Project management was a tough one because even though it seemed like we had a lot of time for our projects we really didn't and that is something that can make or break your career. 


    My biggest strengths are editing, doing sound on set, and a little bit of gaffing.  My biggest weakness is I know the bare minimum about the camera and I'm not really that good when it comes to pre-production. I am going to continue making my own videos and help my friends with their production studio. The one thing I would change is that I didn't get to do as much editing as I wanted but it's fine. Overall I'm really glad I was able to be in e-Comm I can definitely say that it has opened a lot of doors for me in the future and I can say that the knowledge I gained will stick with me for the rest of my career. 


Royale: Infinity Blade


Out of all our projects, this one is by far the best we have done in our e-Comm career. It took us a while to make this because we kept running into problems with actor availability. During filming, I learned that if you don't have a specific item that you need there will always be a good substitute, for example, we needed fake blood so we used red frosting and food dye. All of the feedback we received about this project was really good. My opinion on this project is that it is our best but not necessarily my favorite. 


Feature Film



This project is our feature film which is the closest we got to making an actual movie. This project took us months to make and I will say it was worth it. The biggest challenges for me was the fact that I was the foley artist and I didn't really get to do my job that much, and whenever I was the sound supervisor the boom wouldn't work at times. I learned how important it is to have everyone working together to maximize productivity. The biggest piece of feedback that was received was that the cinematography wasn't really that good, but other than that it was fine. My opinion on this piece is that it is my favorite and I'm really glad I got to make one before high school was over. 


Maskup PSA



The biggest reason why I picked this one to be in my top 3 is because we won an award with it. It took us about an hour to make this video. There weren't really any challenges we faced other than the fact that it was very last minute. I didn't really learn as much from the other two but I still managed to learn some about sound. To our surprise, a lot of people actually liked this video and said some good things about it. My opinion on this video was that I thought it was good but everyone else in the group thought it was ok. 

What I loved most about this year was that we actually got to make our feature film cause we couldn't last year due to covid. I wouldn't really change anything about this year it was fine to me. The one thing I can take away is to always have a backup plan in case you can't do something. The only goal I would set for myself is to do good in college. I am really glad I was able to be in e-Comm and I hope the juniors have fun next year.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Professional Project Review

Anatomy of Typography