Short Film



For this project, everyone had to make a script and present it to the class and we voted on who's we should do. Mine didn't make the cut so I went with my friend Connor's script which was titled Franklin's Cake. The concept of his script was that there is a scientist who forgot his anniversary with his girlfriend so he makes a cake for her but he accidentally adds in a chemical that brings the cake to life and it tries to kill his girlfriend. The team I had on this project was Connor Hellwinckel as the director, Ryan Moore as the editor, John Cardaronella as the camera operator, and Ethan McCulloch as the UPM, I was the art director. Pre-production took longer than we would have liked it too because our script editors kept changing things that the other didn't like. Our actors were Quinn Gash as Franklin and Sydney Largen as Karen with Kellan Harris as the voice of the cake. With being the art director I learned how to be more creative with the stuff that will be in view of the camera. What I would do differently is try to fix the lighting because in some shots the actors looked orange. Other than that I would pretty much do everything the same.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Professional Project Review

Anatomy of Typography

Senior Capstone Final